Creative and effective strategic planning is vital for you and your organization, and enables you to move into the future with confidence and renewed energy.
THE REID GROUP APPROACH TO PLANNING
Our approach to strategic planning processes involves three elements:
- Planning for the future is based on knowledge and appreciation for the organization’s history.
- Effective strategic planning is rooted in the mission, values and vision of the organization.
- While appreciating what has been, we invite leaders to be bold, and ask questions like, “What would we do if we were 10 times bolder?”
- The Reid Group approach to planning focuses on sound organizational development principles.
6 CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL PLANNING
In our experience, a successful strategic planning process will incorporate six important characteristics:
- Participation by all the key constituents with special focus on underrepresented groups
- Crafting clear statements of mission, values, vision, goals and objectives
- Addressing important issues, including staffing, funding, facilities and relationships
- Creative promotion of the plan
- Making the transition from planning to implementation
- Ongoing evaluation and updates of the plan