We offer mediation services in Western Washington state for couples dealing with divorce or legal separation.
Our mediators help you reach agreements on:
- A detailed parenting plan for children 18 years old or younger. We help you separate your spousal roles, which are ending, from your parental roles, which are continuing.
- The division of property, including all assets and liabilities. Clients learn to evaluate their present financial situation and to provide for their future financial needs.
- An agreement on spousal support or maintenance, if appropriate.We also help you understand how to complete the necessary paperwork in order for you to file your case with the court system. Our 16 step process helps eliminate a lot of the fear and confusion that is common for divorcing couples. All the legal documents you will need can be found at www.courts.wa using the Forms tab on the left of the courts homepage.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEDIATION?
- Mediation lessens emotional stress
- Mediation takes less time than litigation
- Mediation eliminates costly legal fees
- Mediation is confidential
- The couple remains the decision-maker
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Washington state requires a couple to wait a minimum of 90 days from the time the initial Petition is filed until the time the Divorce Decree is issued. Most couples complete the process in three to six months and meet with their mediator in three to five sessions.
WHERE DO WE MEET?
Our mediators meet with couples in our main office in north Seattle as well as in Bellevue, Puyallup and Ocean Shores.
Are you contemplating divorce or legal separation? Call us at 206-432-3568 for a free telephone consultation.