News from The Reid Group
- Maureen Gallagher recently finished facilitating the Community Days for the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross June 5-9. The days focused on dealing with change, enhancing relationships and reflecting on the essentials of mission integration and sponsorship. Reflections on the “Pillars of Joy” from the Book of Joy by the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu stimulated meaningful discussions as the Sisters continue “in the footsteps of the compassionate and crucified Jesus.”
- John Reid and Maureen Reid have been hired to co-facilitate a team-building retreat for Our Lady of Grace School in Castro Valley, CA on August 16.
- The Reid Group has formed a strategic partnership with Tryon Clear View Group, a cost reduction company that specializes in Purchase Services Audits where they identify, verify and recover billing errors, vendor overcharges which are refundable to organizations. They then secure these reimbursements from the vendors. In addition to telecommunication, copiers, waste management and utilities charges, they also audit postal services and credit card processing. The only fee paid by the client is a percentage of the actual savings. The first two contracts secured by this strategic partnership are a college and a Catholic parish; we have received the first report of savings for one of these contracts which showed savings of $60,000 over the next five years in telecommunications alone. If you are interested in this service, contact us at info@TheReidGroup.biz.
- Tom Reid and John Reid will facilitate the Implementation Commission retreat for the strategic planning process in the Diocese of Trenton, Faith in Our Future, June 20-21. The Commission will review 25 cohort plans covering 107 parishes as they work with neighboring parishes to carry out Bishop O’Connell’s decisions which were announced in January. The actual implementation of these decisions is scheduled to start July 1.
- John Reid facilitated a Board retreat for Mission Hospital in Mission Viejo, CA which involved conversations among Board members, executive team members and well as representatives of the newly-forming Providence-St. Joseph Health System. The retreat resulted in the creation of a Board action plan for the coming year.