News from The Reid Group
- Maureen Gallagher was in Colorado in March attending a week-long workshop led by Meg Wheatley focused on leadership and community building.
- Tom Reid continues his results-based fund raising work with Education across Borders. Their mission statement is: “We work in partnership with marginalized communities in the Dominican Republic to co-create lasting solutions to extreme poverty, through educational, community development, and service-learning programs.”
- Tom Reid, Maureen Reid and John Reid completed their work in Mercer Island, WA with the St. Monica Catholic School planning process.
- John Reid and Maureen Reid will be conducting 30+ focus groups in Minnesota as part of a planning process being sponsored by Rochester Catholic Schools.
- Maureen Gallagher and John Reid facilitated listening sessions and met with the Board and Staff of the National Shrine of St. Frances Xavier Cabrini in Chicago this month. Their final report with recommendations will be presented in April.
- Maureen Gallagher and John Reid are conducting a Search for the Executive Director position with the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston and their Corporation for Sponsored Ministries. If you are interested in learning more about this position, google Corporation for Sponsored Ministries and contact Maureen or John
- Tom Reid will be presenting and facilitating a Reid Group co-sponsored webinar Tips for Living Your Whole Life Well Thursday, March 29 th at 1 PM. Register here… Registration Living Whole Life is a strategic partner of The Reid Group
- Our Strategic Partner Joe Sankovich has developed an important resource for dioceses and parishes with cemeteries called TOOLBOX FOR PARISH CEMETERIES. For more information go to: sankovich.com. Joe Sankovich, former director of cemeteries in the Archdiocese of Seattle, and owner of Sankovich & Associates since 1990, has developed an educational tool for parishes with their own Catholic cemeteries. Directed to pastors, parish business managers, cemetery managers/sextons/superintendents, parish cemetery advisory board members and parish finance council members, the six hard copy manuals are formatted in the same fashion as the early diocesan teaching documents for the Second Vatican Council. Sankovich waited until he had worked with/in more than 1,200 parish cemeteries in different areas of the United States, and conducted more than 100 seminars with pastors, parish and cemetery employees/volunteers, to organize and format these manuals.
- The Reid Group is also a strategic partner with The Steier Group. The Steier Group is a national, capital campaign fundraising firm based in Omaha, Nebraska, with offices in Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Oregon and Texas. They provide nonprofits with customized campaign planning studies, guidance from a team of expert project managers and strategic insight designed to help our clients reach their fundraising goals. Contact Nic Prenger, Steier Group president, for more information about the firm’s services. http://www.steiergroup.com.
- The Reid Group is a strategic partner with Tryon Clear View Group, a cost reduction company that specializes in Purchase Services Audits where they identify, verify and recover billing errors, vendor overcharges which are refundable to organizations. They then secure these reimbursements from the vendors. In addition to telecommunication, copiers, waste management and utilities charges, they also audit postal services and credit card processing. The only fee paid by the client is a percentage of the actual savings. The first two contracts secured by this strategic partnership are a college and a Catholic parish; we have received the first report of savings for one of these contracts which showed savings of $60,000 over the next five years in telecommunications alone. If you are interested in this service, contact us at info@TheReidGroup.biz.