News from The Reid Group
- Tom Reid and John Reid have been hired by the Bishops in California to conduct the search for a new Executive Director for the California Catholic Conference. If you are interested in the position or know someone who might be, please contact us at 206-947-1055.
- Maureen Gallagher and John Reid submitted their final report on a search for a new Executive Director of the Corporation for Sponsored Ministries of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston. They are now conducting a second Search for the new Director of Mission Integration.
- John Reid has been hired by Our Lady of the Lake Parish and School to facilitate a One OLL planning process this year.
- John Reid facilitated a Seattle University Cabinet Retreat for leadership focused on an action plan for living out the university’s mission and vision.
- Maureen Gallagher facilitated a series of conversations in English, simultaneously translated into Spanish and French, entitled, “Spirituality of Community Life” in Montreal Canada for the Sisters of Providence provincial leadership teams.
- Maureen Gallagher facilitated Community Days for the Sisters of Mercy of the Holy Cross in April.
- The Reid Group is a strategic partner with Tryon Clear View Group, a cost reduction company that specializes in Purchase Services Audits where they identify, verify and recover billing errors, vendor overcharges which are refundable to organizations. They then secure these reimbursements from the vendors. In addition to telecommunication, copiers, waste management and utilities charges, they also audit postal services and credit card processing. The only fee paid by the client is a percentage of the actual savings. The first two contracts secured by this strategic partnership are a college and a Catholic parish; we have received the first report of savings for one of these contracts which showed savings of $60,000 over the next five years in telecommunications alone. If you are interested in this service, contact us at info@TheReidGroup.biz.
- Our Strategic Partner Joe Sankovich has developed an important resource for dioceses and parishes with cemeteries called TOOLBOX FOR PARISH CEMETERIES. For more information go to: sankovich.com. Joe Sankovich, former director of cemeteries in the Archdiocese of Seattle, and owner of Sankovich & Associates since 1990, has developed an educational tool for parishes with their own Catholic cemeteries. Directed to pastors, parish business managers, cemetery managers/sextons/superintendents, parish cemetery advisory board members and parish finance council members, the six hard copy manuals are formatted in the same fashion as the early diocesan teaching documents for the Second Vatican Council. Sankovich waited until he had worked with/in more than 1,200 parish cemeteries in different areas of the United States, and conducted more than 100 seminars with pastors, parish and cemetery employees/volunteers, to organize and format these manuals.
- The Reid Group is also a strategic partner with The Steier Group. The Steier Group is a national, capital campaign fundraising firm based in Omaha, Nebraska, with offices in Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Oregon and Texas. They provide nonprofits with customized campaign planning studies, guidance from a team of expert project managers and strategic insight designed to help our clients reach their fundraising goals. Contact Nic Prenger, Steier Group president, for more information about the firm’s services. http://www.steiergroup.com.
So as you look at your individual or organizational future, what are your challenges? Could you benefit from skilled support? Give us a call: John (206) 947-1055 Tom (206) 947-2990 Maureen (414) 403-9357 or send us an e-mail to start transforming those challenges into opportunities.